POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma 1.0 or Bust! : Re: Gamma 1.0 or Bust! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma 1.0 or Bust!
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Mar 1999 15:10:44
Message: <36EEBAC0.D52F531C@aol.com>
Fascinating.
The "traditional" still looks more right to me though. The "new color
scale" jumps from black to mid-gray it seems. I would think a
combination of the two would be the best case scenario. traditional from
0% up and new from 100% down with some sort of compromise in between.
I'll just take "or bust" for now :) at least until I come up with the
ability to make it look right for me.
Oh, had you thought of using png example images instead of gif so gamma
info could remain intact (if at all possible)?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe